Cookies are textual information (ASCII text) stored on your hard drive via your browser (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Mozilla Firefox). If you visit the website again, which has passed the cookie to your browser, you will be recognized here and individually addressed.
The help function in the menu bar of most web browsers tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to let your browser know when you receive a new cookie or how to deactivate all cookies received. However, only with cookies you can fully enjoy and experience some of the most interesting LYNX Professional Services (LYNX) features, which is why we recommend that you leave the cookie function turned on.
We also recommend that you always log out completely after stopping a computer that you share with others and whose browser is set to accept cookies.
Please note: Cookies are only valid on the computer on which they are stored. Many Internet users have concerns about cookies. That’s why LYNX gives you the choice of whether to accept cookies or not.
1. Limitation of cookies
Cookies are intended for individual computers. Basically, browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If this is not the case, you must change your browser setting to accept cookies before you can take advantage of LYNX cookies.
2. Right to object
You can change the cookies at any time amending the cookie settings in your browser. In addition, you must then delete the already stored cookies on your computer. As a rule, cookies are automatically deleted by the system after some time.
3. How are cookies used with LYNX?
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
Cookies are also used to measure the success of advertising campaigns. For example, if a user clicks an ad banner on LYNX’s website, a cookie with an advertising ID and a limited validity will be created through the browser. There are no features included to identify the user. On our website, we use the advertising ID to identify which advertising material has attracted your attention to LYNX.
You can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website to Google and the processing of this data by Google. For this purpose, a so-called opt-out cookie is placed on your browser, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. Please note that after deleting all cookies this opt-out must be declared again.
Here you can find a Browser-Add-On to disable Google Analytics:
Further information on Privacy at Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
4. Does LYNX transfer the collected data?
Information about our customers is important to us and helps us to optimize our offerings. However, it is not part of our business to sell this customer information. We only share the information we receive with third parties to the extent described below:
- Service Provider: We hire other companies and individuals to perform tasks for us. Examples are e. g. sending letters or e-mails. These service providers receive only the information needed to perform their tasks. They may not use them for other purposes. In addition, they are obliged to treat the information in accordance with the privacy statement and the European data protection laws.
- Protecting LYNX and Third Parties: We disclose customer accounts and personal information about customers when required to do so by law or when such disclosure is required to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or our rights and the rights of our customers and those of third parties to protect. It is expressly clarified that, in this context, there will be no transfer of the data to these companies for economic use contrary to this privacy statement.
- With your consent: In all other cases, we will inform you when personal information is to be shared with third parties, giving you the opportunity to give your consent.
Whenever we disclose personal information to third parties to the extent described above, as well as when passing on information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEC), we ensure that the information is provided in accordance with the privacy statement.
5. Which choices do you have?
- As stated above, it is always open to you not to provide information, although it may be needed to use LYNX features.
- When you update information, we usually keep a copy of your original information in our records.
- You can adjust your user account accordingly if you do not want to receive e-mails or other mail from us.
- The Help function in the menu bar of most web browsers tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how your browser will let you know when you receive a new cookie or how to turn off all cookies received.
6. Which Cookies do we use?
|Cookie-Provider||Name of Cookie||Usage / Purpose||Retention time / Expiration period||Type of Cookie||URL|
|LYNX||lynx_session||Used as a session cookie to keep track of user’s visit.||5 years||necessary||www.lynxprof.com|
|LYNX||PHPSESSID||PHP uses one of two methods to keep track of sessions. If cookies are enabled, like in your case, it uses them.||session||necessary||www.lynxprof.com|
|This cookie is used to remember if the user has been shown and agreed to the cookie notification message.||1 to 14 days||Functional||www.lynxprof.com|
|LYNX|| utm_source, utm, campaign, utm_medium
|This cookies are used to track the traffic source for this visit||1 year||Functional||www.lynxprof.com|
|Google Analytics|| _gtm, _gid